3RD RECORDS MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Kenya Association of Records Managers and Archivists (KARMA), The Kenya National Archives and Documentation Service (KNADS) and the Association of Commonwealth Archivists and Records Managers (ACARM) will be co-hosting the 3rd Records Management Conference on 4-6 November 2019 at PrideInn Beach Resort, Mombasa, Kenya.
The Conference committee invites proposal submissions for papers, exhibitions, sessions and workshops for the conference.
Themed Records Management and Sustainable Development, the goal of the conference is to catalyze investment in records management as a driver of sustainable development by developing collaborative conversations between records management practitioners and stakeholders in public and private sectors.
The sub-themes for the conference shall include:
- Records management capabilities in public and private sectors
- Digital disruptions in records management
- Records management and delivery of justice
- Aligning records and archives management and business processes.
The Conference Committee welcomes proposals for individual papers, panel discussion, exhibitions and posters. Individual papers with a similar focus will be assembled into a single session by the conference committee.
To allow adequate time for questions and discussion, panels should be limited to four participants in addition to a chair/facilitator. Individual paper presentations will be limited to 20 minutes. Exhibitors will be exempted from time limitations but provided a dedicated spot for their exhibitions, to showcase technology and relative initiatives around the theme.
Please include the following in your complete proposal
- Session title if submitting a full panel proposal (of no more than 20 words)
- Session abstract if submitting a full panel proposal (up to 500 words)
- Short session abstract for the program if submitting a full panel proposal (up to 50 words)
- Paper or poster or presentation titles (if any), and names of corresponding presenters
- Brief abstracts for papers to be presented (maximum 300 words).
- Biographical paragraph for each presenter
- E-mail address for each participant
- Affiliation for each participant
- Audiovisual needs
- Any special requirements.
Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30, 2019. We will notify proposers if their proposal has been accepted by August 30, 2019.
Submission of proposals: 30 July 2019
Notification of acceptance of proposals: 30 August 2019
Paper submission: 30 September 2019.
We urge proposers to use the conference as an opportunity to include new voices and offer diverse viewpoints on how records managers and archivists in Kenya can build credible partnerships with their stakeholders to leverage on the role of records and archives management in sustainable development.