Second Kenya Association of Records Managers and Archivist Symposium
Theme: Back to Basics- The Records and Information Management Fundamentals
Acacia Hotel, Kisumu Kenya: 24-28 May 2021
The Kenya Association of Records Managers and Archivists (KARMA) is pleased to announce its Second Records and Archives Management Symposium on 24-28 May, 2021 at Acacia Hotel, Kisumu, Kenya.
The symposium will provide a platform for engagements on technical areas of the profession. During the 2021 symposium, and learning from the 2020 symposium, we go back to the basics. We seek to ensure that all professionals colleagues are aligned on the RIM principles, because these are critical in driving the advanced agenda around digitalization. This symposium will therefore revisit the following areas of RIM basics to provide solid background for takeoff to higher levels
- Records and Information Management operational excellence –This is about applying the principles right i.e. on file plans, classification schemes, retention scheduling, disposition, RIM policies & procedures
- Strategic alignment – will look at how to align the RIM investments to the organization mission, vision and strategic objectives.
- Capability development – getting the right expertise on board to drive the RIM function. How should those responsible for RIM go about this? What skills do they need and what don’t they need?
- Record and Information Management budgeting & financial management – insights on how to budget for and manage finances in a RI function. Also how to mitigate financial risks.
- Branding the RIM practice – selling RIM services, telling your story, stakeholder engagements, etc.
- Digital Records and Information Management – principles and functional requirements, getting the right solutions and all that there is on managing digital records in present times.
Call for Proposals We invite quality and practical proposals for paper presentations, workshops, exhibitions, posters, mentorship booths and other creative ideas that could be showcased at the symposium on any of the above five sub-themes. Proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2021. Proposals should not exceed 500 words, indicating full details of presenter and sub-theme covered.
Invitation for Partnerships
We also invite interested parties for partnerships in delivering the symposium. This could be service and technology providers, training institutions, other professional associations, etc. as may be feasible. We anticipate this year’s symposium to attract about 200 participants. Partnerships could be through sponsoring the Symposium, hosting of an activity, supporting needy participants like students, providing certain services or any other option as maybe agreed upon. If you maybe interested in partnership, kindly contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for the Symposium
Kindly register here for the symposium. In case of any inquiries/clarifications, please contact Chairman, Symposium Organizing Committee at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org,+254724887341, as well as KARMA Secretary General on email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org, +254721 103 950.